Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Review: Takedown Twenty

Takedown Twenty Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 3 of 5 stars




These plots are just getting more and more wild. And redundant. How is that possible?
Redundancy:
⬥︎ Stephanie and Grandma are in trouble i.e. kidnapped, almost killed, etc. --The cement was new. At least she wasn't blown up.
⬥︎ Ranger and Morelli to the rescue.
⬥︎ Stephanie threatens to/gets another job, but we all know she'll go back to bail bonds. -- Hey, Steph, it's okay. I couldn't be a butcher either. That cow tongue.

⬥︎ Back and forth romance with Morelli.
⬥︎ Almost Sex with Ranger.
⬥︎ Cars get blown up/stolen.
⬥︎ Grandma is out wildin'.
⬥︎ Mrs. Plum trying to get Stephanie to get married and quit her job.

Wild:
⬥︎ Well, a giraffe. Seriously? I mean, it's like Evanovich has to include a wild animal in every story now.


By now, everyone knows who the characters are. Do we need to go over how hot Ranger is and what is job is? Do we need to constantly be reminded every other chapter of every book that Lula was a hoe? Maybe these characters hit their peak? Maybe they just don't have anything else to do? Maybe that's why Stephanie tries out new jobs? Because she's plateaued as a bounty hunter? Maybe?


☞︎ Ranger in spandex, though??

☞︎ "You can stop ironing. I don't have cancer. I'm not pregnant. Grandma isn't spending her social security check on online Bingo."
"There's always tomorrow."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Corrupt

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews