Sunday, November 7, 2021

Review: For the Wolf

For the Wolf For the Wolf by Hannah F. Whitten
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What I'm telling myself the Wilderwood looks like:


What looks like Little Red Riding Hood is a haunting Beauty & the Beast


"We've both been monsters. I'll love him, whatever he is."


"The Wolf and the Wilderwood twine together so, the weakness of one is the weakness of the other."



Title: For the Wolf
Author: Hannah F. Whitten
Format: Kindle & Overdrive Audio
Series: Wilderwood (1)
Recommended to fans of:
Little Red Riding Hood by Trina Schart Hyman Among the Beasts & Briars by Ashley Poston Beauty and the Beast by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont

Points for no instalove! Insta-chemistry, sure. But this one is a slow burn and yes! So much tension between Red and Eammon. And when she becomes Lady Wolf, yeah, I don't know why that got to me so much. Oh, and the tension between them when she is about to leave tells me everything about how they feel despite him and his sense of duty. *Insert eyeroll*
However, I think there is more tension with the people Red left behind. Neve, Raffe (the voice of reason), and Arick are a hot mess. I did feel for Neve. The betrayal of knowing that she went through so much to get her sister back, Red had chosen to stay with the Wolf rather than coming back would have been a slap in the face. Adding that to her absence during the death of their mother, regardless of their personal relationships, only compounds that hurt.



The story does get a tad slow at times. And by a bit slow, I wish I could have skipped chapters altogether. Really wish Solmir would have made an earlier appearance. I think that would have made up for some of the lull moments of back and forth between Eammon and Red. Arick is just dumb. What a dumb move. A sweet, sacrificing, thoughtful, yet thoughtless move. *Sigh*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Corrupt

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews