Thursday, November 25, 2021

Review: Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars





From the get-go, this cast is a tad big for me. Especially when listening. However, the individual interrogations/interviews helped a lot.
Can old women be cozy? Cause if they can, Mrs. Hubbard is cozy.A cozy busybody, but nonetheless. I understand why they all got so sick of hearing about her daughter. I don't think I could let Ratchett get by without telling me anything. I'm not McQueen. I'm nosy. lol Really enjoyed the valet on the audio. He sounded exactly like Snape somehow. Man, Princesses and Colonels and Counts and Countesses all aboard one train. Fancy.
(view spoiler)


I mean, if Ratchett already had the letter, why wait to get someone to investigate? Just to chance meeting Poirot on the train and then chance him taking the case? Ummm, I doubt it. Here's the thing about this plot. After Ratchett is killed, nothing actually happens. Interviews and that's it. No real action. And yet..., somehow I was rapt. I hung on every word from these people and just guessed (much like Poirot himself) what was going to be exposed next. (view spoiler)


Poirot just straight up said, Yeah not gonna take your case cause I don't like your face. Big oof
Women are like that. They have great strength when they are enraged. Man, he's just trying to shift some blame. Tsktsk
Use the little grey matter of the mind.
He uses curling tongs on his moustache. I just can't. hahaha

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Corrupt

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews