Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Review: The Program

The Program The Program by Suzanne Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Trigger Warning: Suicide



I am having all the feelings right now.
Anger. Betrayal (is that a feeling?). Confusion. I mean, I could go through the alphabet.

But first, who even is Realm? A good guy? A bad guy? A little of this and a little of that guy? I don't know! He was so sweet. Like so sweet to Sloane when she arrived. I thought for sure it was going to have a ALERT: Love Triangle! but no. I mean, there was sort of, but not really. Even Realm knew that <3Sloane&James<3 are endgame here. Still, he gave it a valiant effort. But ugh, Sloane and James-so cute. Codependent, for sure, but cute nonetheless. They were so devoted to each other- even more than themselves. Normally, at their age, this would bother me. But given their situation and environment, I think it's okay. Maybe other teens need something like that.
Of course, that brings us to the main main topic: why are these teens going suicide crazy? I mean, sure the world sucks, but there is nothing written anywhere in the book about it getting worse. There was mention of antidepressants and vaccines. Perhaps because every bit of emotion has been banned, their depression is amplified by the guilt of simply feeling? Idk. Maybe.
Very eager to read more about these rebels and how Sloane and James will fit into that. And who will take the orange pill???

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Corrupt

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews