Saturday, November 13, 2021

Review: Born at Midnight

Born at Midnight Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Still reading. Stay tuned for updates.



Ya know, I thought maybe this time, Kylie would be less annoying, but no. Well, maybe a little. Her judge-y attitude is still too much for me. Everyone but her is a monster, freak, slut, whatever. However, she does grow out of this by the end of the book. I mean, it kind of has to be beaten over her head, but it happens. I appreciate that kind of character development. Her 'donating' blood to Della helped me like her so much more. It was a turning point for her.
I want to like Derek but that whole 'make you jealous' thing was just plain bad. Was it supposed to be romantic? Because fail. At least the other girl didn't mind. Eh. Definitely Team Lucas. He's sweet and thoughtful and was the 'bad guy' for the beginning, but is totally redeemed. Mostly because he didn't actually do anything wrong. But whatever. I like him.


By the half-way point, still drawn out. Let's get on with this soldier guy already...


⧫︎ Yeah, Mr. Pepper deserved more than just a mental hospital. Jail for him, for sure. Dirty old pervert.
⧫︎ So, Derek is better than Lucas because Lucas chose to leave to make everything easier for everyone and the camp not be shut down???



Not gonna lie. The idea of this camp is a tad cheesy, but I'm hooked. :)


__________________________________________________
If I take out the main character's whininess, the slut-shaming, the hypocrisy, and the protagonist's constant over-exaggerating, I may be tempted to like this book more.

Seriously, there is no middle ground with sex? Virgin or whore?

And the judgment here is ridiculous.

And oh, no. Daddy didn't call!

Grow up!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Corrupt

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews