Friday, December 11, 2020

The Selection

Plot
The idea behind the story is simple enough. Kind of like a dystopian, royal Bachelor. I think what added a lot to the story was the attacks on the palace. I mean, it is pretty clear now that Maxon wants America. So what keeps me going in what are the Rebels after?

Characters
Seems like each character was meant to be either good or bad based on their relationship with America. Basically if she doesn't like them then they are shallow. This book is great for the opportunities to pit girls against girls, which I don't really care for. I like Marlee more than America and really wish she had feelings toward Maxon because I would be rooting for her. I really like that America is taking her time and really thinking about whether or not she wants to be with Maxon. I hate instalove. And I like that he genuinely cares about her thoughts, like with the food situation of the fives, sixes, sevens, and eights.

Writing
So, I feel like the writing should be a little more, I don't know, sophisticated, I guess. Maybe that isn't the right word. More developed. I mean, they are obviously in a dystopian society and in a castle at that. But it all seems so average.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Corrupt

Corrupt by Penelope Douglas My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews